Our Vision and Values
Our School Curriculum Vision Statement and Values
Our vision is to inspire every child to love learning and achieve personal and academic growth through a creative, knowledge rich curriculum. We wish for every child to acquire the skills, knowledge, understanding and attitudes they require for a successful life within a safe, supportive school environment and community.
Our school ethos is one of encouraging success, progress and of building learning power and aspiration within every child. Our curriculum is underpinned by the vision and aims, growth mindset and learning values of our school which play a pivotal part. Therefore, when we teach the curriculum, we weave the learning values and growth mindset into the learning activities so that as well as acquiring knowledge, the children are developing as lifelong learners.
Our School Values are:
Our school is in full agreement with the aims and guidance included in the introduction to The National Curriculum in England Framework and Early Years Foundation Stage Statutory Framework document. These are the aims of our school, upon which we have based our curriculum.
The aims of our curriculum are to:
- Achieve the aims of the National Curriculum and Early Years Foundation Stage
- Provide equity and inclusion for all pupils, irrespective of background and starting point.
- Develop and apply knowledge, skills, understanding and enjoyment that promotes a lifetime of successful learning.
- Develop responsible young people who make a positive contribution to society.
- Develop confident individuals who lead safe, healthy and fulfilling lives
- Show respect and understanding for all cultures, including our own
- Develop strong partnerships with parents and carers that influence learning at school and home.
Curriculum Design Principles to Inspire and Challenge
Our Design Principles are used to guide planning, organisation and the evaluation process to inform future planning. They are split into three sections
- Intent – what we aim for our curriculum to achieve and provide to the children
- Implementation – how we will achieve our intent
- Impact – what impact we wish our curriculum to have on the children.
Our Subject Vision Statements